19 November 2012

Oldies but Goodies and Autopsies


I've recently had a spike in interest for some of my internal organ pieces from back in 2009.  So far, I've located two uteruses and a liver.


Most of the organ paintings had that colbalt blue background.  I used reference photos from this amazing and incredibly gross book I found in the library at MassArt.  I think I was originally looking for references for some figurative work but instead found these photos taken during autopsies.  The organs were taken from the human and put on this blue table and in some cases pinned down to show all the nooks and crannies.  I love the flash you can see shining off the organs from the camera, things are slimy. 


I really need to find that book again.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sister,

    You are aware that I have a weird (maybe not so weird with the health care thing but still) obsession with anatomical art, right?

    Just saying.

    xo, M

    ReplyDelete