13 December 2011

Fall Process

This Fall I have been using a new photo-collage method throughout the beginning stages of my work.  I call my use of photo-collaging "mapping," and I see it as just that; exploring a land and visually recording my findings.  I focus on composing shape, color and space to effectively describe my fragmented understanding of what I understand to be a completed imaginative space.  This space has been built up over time from a compilation of all things visual that I find intriguing. Through the mapping process I am able to view the land from different perspectives and for greater lengths of time.

Process shot of "Landscape on Paper 2"


Landscape on Paper 2
Oil Paint, Oil Pastel and Charcoal on Paper
18 x 24"


Yellow Earth
40 x 50"
Oil Paint and Oil Pastel on Canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment