25 July 2010

Back to Nature

 Well I just dropped off some paintings with the lovely ladies at Eskimo Sisters Gallery in Providence this afternoon.  The gallery is FILLED with artwork ready to be hung for the July 31st opening.  Not only will there be a fabulous opening but there also happens to be an amazing fair being put on by The Steel Yard!  Check out the links below, it is going to be so much fun,  I hope to see you all there!


Eskimo Sisters Gallery
Wooly Fair
The Steel Yard


Other than preparing for this show I've been working on the difficult task of balancing art making with art teaching.  I've been fortunate enough to have Scott Ketcham's studio to work in for the past two months and have a couple new pieces to show along with many sketches and ideas for more.
It's all about the routine.  My first few weeks of teaching equalled almost zero art making but once I got into my groove I was able to work my routine into the new schedule.  Some days I would get there and just draw from life (always a good task for skill sharpening) knowing that even if I wasn't feeling a big painting -or just oils in general- I could still give myself a sliver of that accomplished feeling.


Little Sketch


All day I've been trying to align my email and websites so they are all at ElizabethMGilmore.com.  Hows the web address looking at the top of your screen?  If I can figure out how to sign into my domain on Enom then I should be able to use the email Elizabeth@ElizabethMGilmore.com pretty soon which would be very exciting for me.  Too bad I started my handwritten business cards last night already with all of the old info!  Oh well, I suppose if I end up doing everything correctly people should be forwarded to the new addresses anyway.


frontback


And FINALLY!!!! There is a new addition to the family!!!!


Winston and I would like to welcome....

King Evelyn Champaign!!!!




<3

2 comments:

  1. I can not wait for the 31st! I will not miss your first opening!!--Kathleen (you know who)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha - geek! love you. we've decided to keep Evelyn Champagne and just call him Champ.

    ReplyDelete